Stopaq wrapping systems
Connect Access are experienced and certified Stopaq applicators. By combining STOPAQ wrapping systems with Rope Access we are providing new possibilities and a fresh approach to how we can maintain New Zealand's sites and structures for the long term.
We are taking the complex problem of corrosion management at height and simplifying it down to a system that requires a fraction of the resources with a quality product that will last for life.
What is STOPAQ?
STOPAQ is a unique viscoelastic wrapping system that has incredible corrosion prevention properties. Once this wrap is applied it protects the asset against corrosion for life. This system is self-healing and completely maintenance-free. Once applied it stops the ingress of water, oxygen, bacteria and AC/DC current stopping any further corrosion of the structure or pipeline.
Put as simply as possible this is a cost-effective product that can wrap structural steel or pipelines to prevent any further corrosion, once applied it is 100% Sealed for life.
- Adheres to most substrates: Steel, epoxies, neoprene, wood, concrete, glass, stainless steel
- Impenetrable to water and oxygen
- No internal stress (fully malleable)
- High chemical resistance (2-12 pH)
- Non-ageing: No curing, cracking, or drying out (30+ service life)
- Operational Temp: -45°C to +120°C
- Zero VOC
- 100% Solids
- No heavy application equipment required
For complete adhesion STOPAQ only requires hand tool cleaning to St 2 Standard. This means Hand tool preparation, scraping away any flaking paint. All loose scale is removed and then cleaned down with isopropanol alcohol. No sandblasting is required to prep a surface meaning no large habitats or disruptions to operations on site.
STOPAQ compared to the traditional coating systems:
- STOPAQ is a pure Polyisobutene (PIB) homo-polyolefin that is a fully inert, amorphous, monolithic, water displacing corrosion protective coating;
- STOPAQ relies purely on molecular adhesion to both metallic and non-metallic substrates with minimal surface preparation conforming to St2 or St3 standards. A clean, dry, intact substrate with no mechanical profile should be sufficient to achieve full adhesion without the aid of any adhesive promoters (primers) to provide full corrosion protection, unlike conventional coatings and greasy tape wraps;
- STOPAQ’s visco-elastic functionality and anti-ageing properties will ensure that the material will keep cold flowing providing a constant environmental barrier (impermeable to moisture and gases) to the substrate without ever tearing, shearing or peeling off at any temperature ranging from -45°C to +120°C for the life of the asset;
- STOPAQ is 100% environmentally-friendly and easy to apply to make it far safer, quicker and cheaper to install with no interruptions to the Asset Owner’s daily operational workflow.
- STOPAQ’s cold flow technology and self-healing properties guarantee long-term corrosion protection performance.
- STOPAQ is far more cost-effective to apply and maintain throughout the service life expectancy of the asset.
- No blasting required
- No priming;
- No preheating;
- No post-heating;
- No waiting time
- No wasted material
- No environmental harm or risk
- No mess
- No special machinery, tools or safety gear
- No safety issues for the applicators
- Unlimited shelf life
To learn more, get in touch with us and have a chat about how we can change the way you approach your long term maintenance.